- Complete the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM.
- There is no restriction to the number of films that can be submitted by an individual or an entity. However, each submitted films requires a separate submission form.
- Short films in all guises (including 3D) with no restriction to country are welcomed.
- For Lebanese Movies: if your film will be selected send us your movie on 2 DVD with the permit of general Security.
- Short films may not exceed 20 minutes. There is no minimum running time.
- English subtitles are required, even if the short film is in English.
- The deadline for submission is April 1, 2022.
- Directors whose shorts are selected will grant CFF the rights to use parts from the film(s), and this only for promotional purposes (before, during, and after the festival).
- CFF will not be held responsible for copyright claims that may arise from improper use of intellectual property rules.
- For any inquiries, send your email to email@example.com
Is this year’s theme. Weird is the freedom to be who we are, to express how we feel, to share what we think and to accept how different we can be from one another. To redefine the boundaries of normality because tolerance is and remains the basis for a free society. True freedom only exists where everyone is free to develop their talents to the fullest and where people are free from fear and repression.
Weird it is. Because nothing has stopped us so far. Not a global pandemic; not an unmatched economic collapse; not a nightmarish national crisis. Not even a catastrophic explosion that has shattered our city and our beings.
Weird; because throughout the years, we have learned that acceptance is the hidden force behind success. Every year, for 13 consecutive years, we have screened - out in the open - different opinions and views around a specific theme. A theme that is inspired by our environment, our journey and our growth. We know that not much is achieved in a safe and comfort zone, so we’ve dug into more challenging, daring directions and sometimes painful ones.
Looking backwards, we smile at all the bold ideas we once considered to be strange but that has proven to lead to exceptional journeys.
For the 14th edition of Cabriolet Film Festival, our partners and us, would like to invite you on a thought-provoking experience, where tolerance tangoes with wickedness.
Send us your short films and enjoy the ride!